NASM RKC KBA
4 Healthy Slider Recipes Perfect For Any Get Together
It’s a blessing and a curse…
Socializing with friends almost always means food(and drinks). And who doesn’t love catching up over a food smorgasbord?
It doesn’t matter if you’re planning a casual Friday night get together to binge watch your favorite show, or if you’re planning a huge tailgate. I’ve got a smorgasbord idea for you that will make every single guest not only happy… but satisfied.
Because let’s face it…
Cheese boards are tasty and look beautiful, but who ever gets full off of brie and salami?
Let’s think bigger without thinking more work.
Allow me to introduce the “Sliderbord”!
Below you’ll find 4 ways to make healthy and delicious sliders (they can be both).
- You could set out all the ingredients and have everyone make their own sliders, but when you’re zombied into the television, it’s easier to have them set as a grab and eat.
- They all start with the same “bun bottom”of roasted potatoes.
- From there, you can create slider masterpieces, those below or come up with your own creations (more ideas at the bottom).
How To Make Your "Buns" (Hun)
The Slider Base (AKA: The bun)
- Preheat oven to 400-Degrees
- Slice 2 (or more) Idaho potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices.
- Spray (or lightly coat) each slice with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping over half way.
It’s as easy as that.
Making them with potatoes gives an easy gluten-free treat and bringing a slider must have, fries, to the table too!
The Spicy Burger Slider
- 1/2 Lb Lean Ground Meat
- 1/2 Lb Spicy Sausage, Ground
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Mix together the meats. Roll into balls a little larger than golf balls and flatten into patties.
- Cook either on a grill (medium heat), skillet or oven (350) for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip burgers, sprinkle each with cheese and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomato, etc.
The BLT Slider
- 1 Slice Bacon/Slider
- Iceburg Lettuce
- Tomato, Sliced
- Mayo (I love the Primal Kitchen brand)
- Fry the bacon to your liking and allow to cool to get nice and crunchy. Slice in half, both halves will go on the slider.
- Add a thin layer of mayo to the potato slice and top with the lettuce, tomato and bacon. Easy as that!
The Philly Cheese Slider
- 2 Portabella Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
- 1 Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1/2 Onion, Sliced Thin
- Provolone Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- In a nonstick skillet, cook peppers, mushrooms and onions.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper and cook until softened and reduced down.
- Add toppings to your potato slices and sprinkle with cheese.
- Optional: broil for just a minute or two to allow the cheese to melt into the veggies.
The Cuban Slider
- 1 Slice Bacon/Slider
- Deli Sliced Ham (Boar’s Head)
- Yellow Mustard
- Sliced Pickles
- Swiss Cheese (optional)
As if the others weren’t easy enough, this one takes the cake.
- Top your potato slice with slice of ham (folded), 1/2 slice of cheese, pickles and drizzle with mustard.
A Bonus Table Pleaser: Dip
How good does that look?
And like the sliders, it comes together in less than 10 minutes.
Almond Bacon Chive Dip
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire
- 3 Slices Bacon
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- 1 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4+ Cup Water
- Soak almonds and cashews in water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and toss into a food processor or blender with the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and water.Blend until smooth. It you need more water, add more until it’s thick but smooth and creamy.
- Cook bacon, while its frying up toss in the garlic to lightly brown. Remove both cool and chop bacon. Chop chives. Set aside.
- Add garlic clove to the dip and quickly pulse in. Stir in bacon and chices.
- Serve it up!
Nutrition & Fitness Go Hand In Hand
I hope you enjoy these slider ideas! Even if you don't have a get together in sight, they're perfect for any time.
A dinner spread is the best!
Remember though... no matter how clean your nutrition is, you need to have a workout program to help get you toned and stronger.
If you’re ready to focus more on your fitness, then why not join Fit Womens Weekly?
If you want to learn more about how to get more from your workouts and you want workouts where you can get coaching, support and a schedule to fit the busiest of lifestyles…
Come join Fit Women’s Weekly. I'd love to help you hit your goals with nutrition and workouts!