Podcast Ep. 324: Is Ashwagandha The Gateway Drug To Adaptogens?
Workout Of The Week:
This week's workout is from a track session I did with my training group over the weekend.
Felt so good to be outside!
- 1 Mile Run
Into 4 Rounds:
- 10 Toes To Bar
- 50 Step Ups
- 1/2 Mile Run
Finish With 4 Rounds:
- 10 Toes to Bar
- 50 Lunges
- 5 Burpee Pull-Ups
This episode features Kelly Broderick Lamie of A|Dash.
After dealing with postpartum depression, and hormone imbalances, Kelly decided to look beyond Western Medicine (which hadn't given her relief).
She began taking adaptogens, specifically Ashwagandha, and felt awesome improvements.
Kelly began diving deep into studying adaptogens and cordyceps which created a new passion.
From that passion A|Dash was created!
Cold brew coffee mixed with a full dose of Ashwagandha.
Specific Topics Covered In This Episode:
- What Are Adaptogens? Adaptogens are herbal supplements that help the body manage stress on the neurological, endocrine and immune systems.
- How do they work? They work at a molecular level to create balance in the hypothalamic, pituitary, and adrenal glands.
- What are some other adaptogens besides Ashwagandha? Holy basil, Astragalus, and American ginseng.
- What's the difference between adaptogens and cordyceps? Adaptogens are herbs and cordyceps are mushrooms.
- How much should you take each day? And when? Generally for Ashwagandha, it's recommended to take 165-250 mg per day.
- Make sure to consult your doctor before trying any new supplement.
- And more!
Kelly was kind enough to surprise FWW Podcast listeners with a giveaway for free supply of A|Dash drinks!
- All you have to do is leave an iTunes review (5 stars please) from now until May 26th.
- A winner will be chosen on May 27th!
So get that review done today.
A|DASH Promo Code
Don't want to rely on a giveaway and ready to try A|Dash for yourself?
Use code "KINDAL15" to receive 15% off your order.
What Is Your Fitness Level?
Can you complete my 14 day Reset training plan? Workout with me and feel the difference. It's FREE to join and based on your fitness level.
Do You Want To Workout With Me?
I have a program called Fit Women's Weekly LIVE. It's my personal training studio in your living room .
We host 16 LIVE classes every week... but we also record every workout.
You get to build the workout schedule that fits your life.
If you want to KNOW you're doing the right style of workout...
And have a coach to help you when you have questions...
Click here and learn more about it .
Sign up for a 14 day FREE class pass and some see what FWW LIVE is all about... then make your mind up on whether you want to join.
One of the biggest events of the year is coming on July 10th.
The 8 Week Summer Shred Challange.
And to get the word out... I'm hosting a FREE workout this Saturday the 27th.
- A 30 minute bodyweight interval workout
- No equipment needed
- I'll count every rep out loud
- I'll constantly motivate you
Register for the workout and get my Summer Shred Recipe guide FREE.