10 Minute Gluten Free Mushroom Rice Burgers
I am currently creating and testing new recipes for a NEW Plan Smart Eat Real cookbook and loving every minute of it!
One goals is to include more vegetarian options outside the normal black bean burgers and chickpea bowls (though those are delicious).
In fact, have you made my high protein bagel recipe yet?
When I was a kid, my mom would make these things called porcupine meatballs...
Basically meatballs with rice in them and as they steamed, the rice would stick out. They were one of my favorite meals and the inspiration for creating these rice burgers.
Think rice is a no no food?
Benefits Of Rice
- It's easy to digest. Which means if you have gut issues, its a great healthy carb that doesn't make your body work hard to absorb the nutrients.
- It's a great source of energy. There's a reason why most athletes eat rice for lunch and dinner.
- It's gluten-free. If you have dietary restrictions, rice is a great alternative to pastas and other gluten heavy carb options.
- It freaking taste amazing. I actually forgot how good rice was until recently when I started adding more to my diet (for gut reasons).
So, cook up some rice (or microwave a pouch) and give this recipe a go, immediately! It's that good.
You'll spend about 10 minutes (or less) putting the cakes together then just another 15 cooking.
Dinner ready in less than 30 minutes, that's something we can all love.
- 1.5 Cups Rice
- 1.25 Cups Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Egg
- 2 Oz Italian Sausage (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Chop mushrooms and walnuts (pulse in a blender) and mix everything together.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Bake in an air fryer for 15 minutes at 430 or in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes.
That's it! So easy.
As for the nutritional info per cake...
- 256 Calories
- 17g Fat
- 12g Carbs
- 14g Protein
If you make these, I'd love to see how the turned out.
Post on Instagram and make sure to tag me @trainerkindal
Try FWW LIVE For FREEJoin a 14 DayReset Challenge
14 days of strength training and mobility workouts.
Workout LIVE or workout with a video replay.
Choose from daily 60 minute and 30 minute workouts.
Every day has a goal for you to hit... just follow the plan.
Get Started - What Is YourFitness Level?
I'll match you up with the Reset training plan that's perfect for you.