Delicious & Easy Protein Bagels With 19g Of Protein
Most high protein baked goods... what's the best way way describe them...aren't good.
I've had plenty of flops trying to turn a delicious and beloved baked good into something healthy.
A lot of the time you can tell it's healthy. It just doesn't compare to the real deal.
For breads, the major issues when healthifying it, is ending up with a very dense, very dry, and very bland product that looks good but doesn't quite taste good.
And that's how it was with protein bagels too.
The first time I tried the Greek yogurt and flour technique I found on Pinterest left me underwhelmed.
It barely rose. It was small. And it felt like a rock in my stomach.
But I refused to give up. I saw potential in the protein bagel.
So after multiple attempts, each one yielding a better bagel than before...
I perfected the recipe and technique.
And that's what I am sharing with you!
High Protein Bagel Recipe
- 2 Cups Flour (I like King Arthur)
- 1 Single Serving Container Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp instant yeast + 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Use a fork or spoon to start mixing, but use your hands to mix and knead.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured counter for 1-3 minutes, until dough is well mixed and smooth. Should feel like pizza dough.
- Allow it to rest for 10 minutes. This isn't necessary but does help it rise.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each into a log and combine ends to create a bagel shape.
- Either use a donut baking mold or bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 18-22 minutes. Until lightly golden on top and edges.
- Allow bagels to cool before digging it. These guys are HOT and STEAMY!
Apple Pie Filling
In the video, I'm also sharing a super simple spiced apple filling to make your bagels turn into pure fall bliss.
It takes just 5 minutes and a small skillet.
- 1 Cup apple slices
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or butter)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp All Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Cashew Butter (optional)
So many have already tried the recipe and given it 2 thumbs up, I'd love to hear what you think of them too!
Bake these bad boys and take a picture of your favorite way to fill a bagel. Hearty or sweet?
Just make sure to tag me so I can see! (Instagram @TrainerKindal).
Try FWW LIVE For FREEJoin a 14 DayReset Challenge
14 days of strength training and mobility workouts.
Workout LIVE or workout with a video replay.
Choose from daily 60 minute and 30 minute workouts.
Every day has a goal for you to hit... just follow the plan.
Get Started - What Is YourFitness Level?
I'll match you up with the Reset training plan that's perfect for you.