Did someone say "baked goods!"?
I love a good baked good. Whether that's a muffin, danish, croissant, or fresh baked bread.
But what I don't love is the heaviness that accompanies most of those items from sugar and gluten.
So instead of avoiding them, I have been working hard on creating better versions.
These muffins don't include added sugar, gluten or dairy. But they're fluffy, moist and delicious.
Don't believe me?
Make them for yourself and let me know how they turn out!
Gluten Free Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 Juiced Orange
1/2 Cup Sweetener Of Choice (Syrup, stevia, honey, etc)
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Water
1.5 Cups Gluten Free Baking Flour
1/2 Cup Oats
1.5 Tsp Baking Powder
.5 Tsp Baking Soda
.5 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Orange Zest
3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
Not all gluten free flours are created equal. I have found the best baked goods come from using King Arthur's gluten free baking flour! Also make sure that the flour you use has leavening agents.
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix together the banana, eggs, juice, and sweetener until banana is mostly mashed.
- Add everything but the chocolate chips and mix until just combined (don't over mix).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line muffin pan with liners and pour batter in 2/3 the way up in each.
- Bake 25-28 minutes until lightly golden and passes the toothpick test.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
And that's it!
It really is that easy.
Now it's your turn. Give these a try and if you love them as much as we do, let me know. Share on Instagram and tag me @TrainerKindal.
I'd love to see and hear how they are! Then go and try my protein bagels ;)