Everything I Eat In A Day As A Personal Trainer
During Plan Smart Eat Real sessions, I share what I eat each day with participants and ask them to check in as well.
It's a great way to track while focusing on quality of food (instead of stressing over quantity).
Plus the accountability of others sharing really helps you make better food choices.
I love sharing what I eat because it's important to see your coach... in this case nutritionist... eating healthy too.
I don't just preach... I do.
And that was the inspiration for this YouTube video.
I wanted to present what a day of eating looks like for me... a personal trainer and nutritionist.
And shed some light on how much I eat, when I eat, and of course what I eat!
Here's the breakdown...
What I Eat In A Day
5:15 am (Right out of bed)
Overnight Oat Cup
This is just a little something to wake up my digestive system and get my metabolism rocking for the day!
- 1/4 Cp Oats
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon & Ginger
11:30 am (After running, coaching, and working out)
Sushi Lunch Bowl
This is my newest food obsession! It's SO good, please try it.
- 5 Oz Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 Cp Basmati Rice
- Baby Spinach
- Shredded Cabbage
- 1-2 Tsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- Few drops of chili sauce
- Nori Komi Seasoning (Amz link)
Mix it all up and bam, you have a great lunch!
2:30 pm Snack Time (or lunch #2)
I use a protein supplement to help hit my protein each day. While I'd love to be able to hit it solely off whole foods... that's not realistic in my life right now.
This makes it easy and delicious to get to 130g a day.
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein (Drive Vegan used)
- 50g Frozen Banana
- 1/2 Cp Frozen Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Butter
- 1 Tsp Cocoa Powder
And once again, mix it all up (in a blender) and enjoy).
I promise, you can not taste the cauliflower! It makes it super creamy and delicious without those random ice chunks floating around.
I still get those ice chunks and I'm rocking the Vitamix.
6:45 pm Dinner
This was a toss together dinner that ended up being delicious!
- 2 Chicken Breasts (butterflied to make 4)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Tsp Sage
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic, Minced
Let's go a bit more into directions for this one:
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet. Add garlic and onions.
- Once softened and fragrant, add chicken. Brown each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon and slice the other half into rings. Place a ring on each breast.
- Sprinkle sage and capers over chicken. Pour in the broth.
- Keep the lid off and allow the chicken to cook until completely done.
- If you want the sauce a little thicker, add 1 tsp of flour or 1 tbsp of hummus and whisk to avoid clumps.
- Serve with veggies and enjoy.
Yes, I snack. If you're hungry, eat! It's not about trying to eat a little as possible.
For me to hit my nutrition goals, I have to have a few extra bites through the day.
My snacks include:
- Handful of pecans
- Rice cake, mustard and shredded chicken
- 1/4 Cp Pumpkin + 1/2 Scoop Protein + 1 Tbsp Cocoa Nibs
And that's the day!
If you liked this laid back vlog style video, let me know.
And if you're interested in Plan Smart Eat Real...
Keep your eyes open by getting on the mailing list because there will be a new session starting in January!
Plus checkout some of my other nutrition posts on the blog. I'll be posting more about nutrition... tips... recipes... stories... things like this.
Learn how to make a tasty vegan hamburger with no black beans .
I make these protein bagels and they are so good... perfect for little breakfast sandwiches. You have to try them!
One of the biggest events of the year is coming on July 10th.
The 8 Week Summer Shred Challange.
And to get the word out... I'm hosting a FREE workout this Saturday the 27th.
- A 30 minute bodyweight interval workout
- No equipment needed
- I'll count every rep out loud
- I'll constantly motivate you
Register for the workout and get my Summer Shred Recipe guide FREE.